05 March 2008
IDF CENSORSHIP GUIDELINES
CENSORSHIP GUIDELINES - REPORTING THE LOCATION OF ROCKET HITS
4 March 2008
Recently, we have witnessed an increase in the number of missiles being
fired from the Gaza Strip into Israel. The missiles themselves are more
accurate and are equipped with stronger, more destructive warheads.
This document emphasizes the censorship guidelines to the media and the
press on the reporting of rocket hits:
Following are the main censorship guidelines:
1. Real-time reports on the exact locations of rocket hits are strictly
Reports, on delayed-time, of exact locations must always be approved by
the IDF Censor.
2. The IDF Censor will not authorize reports of rocket hits at IDF bases
and/or strategic installations.
3. The IDF Censor will not authorize reporting on rockets that fell into the
4. The IDF Censor will not authorize photographs of rockets with identifying
5. The IDF Censor will not authorize reports regarding visits by senior
Israel Government officials and IDF officer in southern Israel.
6. The IDF Censor will not authorize information on exploded terrorist
ordinance or any other malfunctioning ordinance.
7. Panoramic, wide-angle, etc. photographs of rocket hits are strictly
Please ensure that all staff members are aware of the foregoing.
The foregoing does not obviate the obligation to submit to the IDF Censor -
prior to publication - of any news item regarding rocket hits or any other
subject that must be approved by the IDF Censor.
Col. Sima Vaknin-Gil
Chief Censor to Press and Media
Obama's true agenda...Throw Israel Under the Bus
JOHN VOIGHT ON OBAMA'S DISTAIN FOR ISRAEL
A message to the Jewish people and the entire world
Chronicles I - 16:15-18: "Forever remember His covenant that he commanded forever; That He made with Abraham and swore to Isaac; and confirmed in a decree for Jacob, for Israel, as an eternal covenant; saying to You I will give the Land of Cannan as your alloted heritage"