B'NAI ELIM

B'NAI ELIM
Children of the Mighty

B'nai Elim Blogmaster's Disclaimer

Please note: The Blogmaster of this Blog is retired from B’nai Elim and was their former International Chairman and Chief of Intelligence and Security. Prior to forming B’nai Elim, he was a long time member and became the International Chairman of the Jewish Defense League, succeeding Irv Rubin (OBM) to that post. The items posted in this Blog do not necessarily reflect the opinions of B’nai Elim or its members and are the sole responsibility of the Blogmaster, Velvel ben Moshe, aka: Bill Maniaci who is currently the Director of "The Maccabee Group" doing Independent Intelligence Consulting & Analysis.

Set Your Watch with B'nai Elim Jerusalem Time

Jerusalem On Line - Channel 2 News from Israel

UN Doomsday Treaty With Ginny Simone

14 September 2008

Islam Is Not Immune

15 Ellul 5768

Ramadan DecorationAll around certain neighborhoods in Jerusalem, and all through my long journey home every night from work, through the "oppressed and occupied [by Arabs] territories," I see these tacky Ramadan, crescent-shaped decorations, hanging in windows. I do not remember seeing them in previous years. But it is possible I am just blocking out their memory.

Anyway, I cannot help but laugh when I see them. Now it seems that not even Arabs are immune from the tacky materialism of holiday money-making. I used to think this was a tacky Western thing, or a tacky American thing. Apparently, Islam is not immune.



Now, I have to admit that all of these crescent moon decorations strung together look kind of cheery. Although, I suppose the same could be said for a Hamas summer camp for kids....



Also, "cheery" (I guess) are these traditional lamps. But they ARE pretty tacky looking. I distinctly remember seeing news stories in previous years which included the display of these cool looking aluminum lamps, which are given as Ramadan gifts. What happened? I mean the lamps pictured here are REALLY tacky looking.

Now before anyone criticizes me for hypocrisy, let me just say that there are some very cool Sukkoth decorations you can get for a reasonable price. They can also be put away and saved for future holidays, as they are of classic design and content.

Yes, I even like to string lights in my Sukkah, as long as they are not the flashing kind, which ARE very tacky. You can buy them in the Ge'ulah neighborhood in Jerusalem. Just don't tell anyone what the "Luces Feliz Navidad" on the label means. (wink) They are not tacky; they are cool! They also come in a variety of shapes, like chili peppers. (Not sure where to get those, though)

But I digress...

Here's a Ramadan joke to cap off this post for all of my Muslim friends... Oh, that's right; I don't have any.

So, here's a Ramadan joke to cap off this post for all of my Muslim enemies. Sorry, but it's not really offensive. I tried. Honestly, I did.

When I was in Me'ah Sha'arim for Shabbath a few years ago during Ramadan, I noticed that there were two night time cannon blasts which went off about an hour apart. The cannon blast, of course, signifies official "night time," informing Muslims that they may now break their daily, daytime fast.

The sound of two cannon blasts about an hour apart puzzled me. So, I asked my friend, a Yeshiva Mashgiah and in whose house I was staying if he happened to know the significance of the two cannon blasts.

His response?

"The second cannon blast is for those Muslims who hold by Rabbenu Tam."

Yuck, yuck, yuck...

Cross-posted on Esser Agaroth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colonel Richard Kemp, British Army - Comment on the IDF's Actions in Gaza

Radical Islams Plans for Western Civilization

THE THIRD JIHAD - WATCH THIS IMPORTANT FILM NOW - FREE

Obama's true agenda...Throw Israel Under the Bus

****Regarding Obama’s Speech before the U.N. Obama has surpassed the peanut farmer Jimmy Carter as the worst and most anti-Israel, anti-Semitic, Arabist President who has ever occupied the White House. Not only is he is a narcissistic moron who is dragging America into an abyss; Obama is the most dangerous threat to World Freedom, Liberty and Western Civilization since Hitler. (Blogmaster)

Senator Joe Leiberman 'Islamist Extremist Regime'

JOHN VOIGHT ON OBAMA'S DISTAIN FOR ISRAEL

CHAZAK CHAZAK

ON THE PATH TO MUSLIM DOMINATION - REVERSABLE? STOPPABLE?

2 STATE SOLUTION - COMMENTARY BY THE "18"

A message to the Jewish people and the entire world

Chronicles I - 16:15-18: "Forever remember His covenant that he commanded forever; That He made with Abraham and swore to Isaac; and confirmed in a decree for Jacob, for Israel, as an eternal covenant; saying to You I will give the Land of Cannan as your alloted heritage"

WE ARE THANKFUL FOR OUR SOLDIERS - G_D BLESS THE IDF

Israel Security Agency

Israel Security Agency
Shin Bet - Protecting Israel's Security 24/7

ISRAEL - WE'RE 60 AND PROUD OF IT!

Jerusalem of Gold, Israel's capital for 3300 years

The Music and Songs of Ofra Haza (OBM)

DON'T MESS WITH THE BEST - IDF GOLAN - ISRAEL

Maccabee Arms Ltd. Products..."LOOK"