JEWISH DEFENCE LEAGUE OF CANADA PROTEST AGAINST TERRORIST SUPPORTERSAt Ryerson University 63 Gould Street, in front of the Main Doors Friday July 24, 6:00 pm--7:30 pm
vladtepesblog.com/?p=10182 - 4 hours ago - Similar
- So why has the Al-Fauz Institute for Islamic Thought been busy building a Canadian platform for Azzam Tamimi, a self-parody of the ...
/azzam-long-live-taliban-- 3 hours ago - Similar tamimi-is.html
- 10:36amThe Al-Fauz Institute for Islamic Thought says its purpose is to teach young ... The Al-Fauz Institute of Islamic Thought is part of the same Islamist ...
|Timings:||Fri, July 24: 7 PM to 10 PM|
|Ryerson University,||Sat, July 25: 10 AM to 7 PM |
|63 Gould Street,||Sun, July 26: 10 AM to 7 PM |
|Toronto, Ontario||Mon, July 27: 7 PM to 10 PM |
|M5B 1E9||Course Fee:||CAD$ 50.00|
|(Map it)||Students||CAD$ 30.00 (with a valid student Id)|
What you will learn
The event is geared towards students of knowledge who are willing to take an activist's approach to the acquisition of knowledge: learning from the past and looking for ways to implement those lessons for the future.
From Caliphs to Kings: The Fall and Rise of Islam is a four-day intensive course that will cover the history of Islam from the perspective of political, social and juridical thought development. The course will provide an overview of the fourteen-hundred year of Islamic history, focusing on reasons for decline and the lessons that we must learn from the attempts at revival of the Ummah. Specifically, the course will cover the following key subject areas:
- Era of Prophethood: Establishment of the Madani State
- Caliphate of the Rightly Guided: Expansion of the Empire and the Seeds of Discord
- After the Rightly Guided Caliphate: Withering of Shura and Rise of the Scholars
- Rule of the Scholars: Development of Fiqh to the Closing of the Gates of Ijtihad
- Revival and Revivalism: Ihyaa, Tajdid and Islaah
- 18th Century Reform Movements: Ibn Abd al-Wahhab, Shah Wali Allah and Utham dan Fodio
- 19th Century Struggles and Reform: Sayyid Ahmad, Al-Sanusi and Muhammad Al-Mahdi
- East-West Rendezvous: Dealing with Decline, Backwardness and the Colonial Onslaught
- 20th Century Islamic Movements: Mawdudi, al-Banna and Sayyid Qutb
- Islam Today: Charting the Way in the 21st Century